Govt’s counter proposal to NSCN (I-M)

Govt’s counter proposal to NSCN (I-M)
Correspondent MENGUJUMA (KOHIMA), JAN 26 (NPN):

Government of India through the union home ministry has reportedly offered a 29-point counter proposal to the NSCN (I-M) which had earlier submitted a 32-point charter of demands. The government of India’s counter proposal included financial sops, facilities and accommodating the “Kilonsers” of the NSCN (I-M) as members of parliament and the “Tatars” as ministers in the state.
This was revealed by “Kilonser” for Religious affairs, NSCN (I-M), Dr. P. Mor on the sidelines of the 45th Mengujuma village day celebration which he hosted on Monday.
Dr. Mor, however, said that the proposal was never taken up for discussion by the NSCN (I-M) apex decision making body – the Tatar Hoho (Parliament) as it would be tantamount to climbing down on the ceasefire agreement between the NSCN (I-M) and government since the proposal was issued through the home ministry and not from the Prime Minister of India.
Further, he revealed that the NSCN (I-M) had received invitation for talks twice from the union home ministry of India but rejected the same as both the parties had signed the ceasefire agreement on the condition that talks would be held at the highest level – Prime Ministerial level and in a third neutral country.
Dr. Mor said the NSCN (I-M) was ready to accept the invitation if it was routed through the Prime Minister’s Office or through his consent. Since the invitations were “purely” from the union home ministry, the government of India is to be blamed in case of any deadlock in the peace process, he added.
When asked to elaborate on the NSCN (I-M)’s earlier proposal for federal relationship with India, he cited the example of Canada and Austria which have federal relationship with United Kingdon where Queen Elizabeth was the head.
He said the NNC had demanded for separate parliament, currency, foreign policy and armed forces but the NSCN (I-M) proposed for a joint currency, foreign policy and armed forces. He claimed that India had verbally agreed to the demand but the final agreement was yet to be worled out.
On integration of the entire Naga inhabited areas under one administrative umbrella as demanded by the NSCN (I-M), Dr. Mor said there could be some hurdle but if India was strong as per its claims, there was provision in the Indian Constitution for re-organization of states in the country.
Further, he also revealed that despite the ongoing impasse in the ongoing dialogue, the next round of talks could possibly take place sometime in the last week of February somewhere in Europe.
He said some Naga leaders were campaigning at Delhi presently to convince the central leaders of the government of India. He said things were not likely to work out positively as long as talks were held in India.
Reacting to a query on the recent raid carried out by the Indian Paramilitary Forces (Assam Rifles) at the house of its CAO Chakhesang region, he said the NSCN (I-M) did not blame the entire Indian Army but alleged that the Assam Rifles was a “little frustrated.”

One Reply to “Govt’s counter proposal to NSCN (I-M)”

  1. Oh!helo my friend Indian.common as the whole wide world know the right of the nagas.let them have their right.let them also enjoy as you do and build their own country.why troubling other country,.. as India is one of the fastest developing countries.after all india is recognise by the whole wide world countries.don u feel pity they are crying for their right through out the year just coz of u.its enough for them too struggling for 60 yrs.The only better hope to keep for future is ‘Nagaland will be a very good neibouring country with india’all the best India & Nagaland.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *